The game has changed for retail. In an era of increasingly competitive online business, failing corporate giants and consumer fear over the state of the economy, it’s clear that small online retailers will face an uphill battle over the next several months.
The good news is, e- commerce may be the one bright light in an increasingly dismal world of retail, and there are steps retailers can take to improve profits online.
People want to buy from the companies they know and trust. Strong, trustworthy privacy practices will give your company the tools it needs to build brand equity and customer loyalty.
• Don’t gamble with privacy.
• Carefully navigate targeting methodologies to hold on to your current customers.
• Make your privacy statement both easy to read and easy to find.
• If a breach occurs, respond immediately.
• Be respectful when using social networks.
• Leverage your reputation.
By knowing and implementing the best practices for Internet privacy, smart businesses will have a better chance to differentiate themselves in a tough economy