Social bookmarking is used in the same way that you would book mark your favorite web site, instead users store a catalog of bookmarks via a Social Bookmarking service. This allows other individuals with like-minded interests to connect, browse and comment on bookmarks creating a basic but powerful platform.
The most interesting thing about Social Bookmarking is that it generates traffic from users actively looking for a particular product, service or a solution. The addition of several key techniques ensures your web site gains the optimum amount of visits, reinforcing your business brand and ultimately generate new sales.
Here are the top 5 tips in optimizing social bookmarking to generate more traffic to your web site
1. Marketing strategy to promote your site. Bookmarking links to your web site will steer more traffic to your site from your target market.
2. Creating and maintaining interest. You need to make the right connection with your target demographic in order to sustain their interest.
3. Search Engine Optimization such as using highly searched key words, are crucial in allowing search engines to acknowledge your links when it hunts for specific phrases.
4. Well written web copy. It can make a dramatic difference in generating traffic to your web site.
5. The type of bookmarking service you chose can ultimately increase the odds of your web site being sighted. Links to and from popular bookmarking sites and the use of highly efficient bookmarking tools can make a dramatic different in your online traffic.
Social Bookmarking is one of the many ways that people can connect your brand with an online community.