1. Don’t post and read at the same time
2. Set alerts or blocks on Twitter usage.
3. Follow those who won’t create another inbox, or follow everyone
4. Don’t post unless you add more value than the attention you consume (both yours and others’):
1. Add value if you consume attention.
2. Use the tool for its best purposes and ignore the rest.
3. Linking is fundamental to adding value.
5. Do interact, but don’t try to respond to everyone. Don’t overuse Twitter out of a compulsion to please others.
Remember: Twitter is something you chose to do. Unless you work at Twitter, chances are that you have another job (or family) that’s more important. Focus on doing big things and enjoying Twitter and similar tools in the downtime.
Read full article >