With social media and search fusing together, what does this mean for SEO? In other words, how do you optimize a site to perform well on a social “search engine” like Twitter?
1. Keyword research is still important
2. Brand yourself and your Twitter profile
3. Build relationships and get more followers
4. Add to the conversation and be engaging
5. Start viral marketing campaigns
6. Add links and multimedia where appropriate & use Twitter as a marketing channel
Twitter SEO is a lot like email marketing. Your first priority is to develop a solid relationship with
your followers by offering interesting and useful content. Once you have that in place you can add your own links and promotional marketing to drive sales.