If you’re not sure whether social media marketing fits in your company’s overall marketing plan, or you’re not really sure about the tangible benefits of marketing your brand or solutions on social media sites, take a look at the list of some reasons to become involved in social media marketing.
1. Social media marketing is now considered a best practice.
No longer a fringe marketing activity, social media marketing is often an integral part of a state-of-the-art marketing campaign, providing highly efficient and effective ways of reaching your customers.
2. Social media marketing drives traffic to your website.
Social media can be more effective at driving people to your website.
3. Social media marketing improves your search engine rankings.
Large groups of organic (non-paid) links to your site improve your ranking in most search engines.
4. Social media marketing lets you join the conversation.
Your customers are probably already talking about you online, and if they’re not, you should make a place for them to do so.
5. Social media marketing amplifies your marketing messages.
When customers rebroadcast your message, they amplify it.
If you don’t have any social media marketing initiatives, get started with a blog, a Twitter account, and a Facebook company page.