One of the great things about Twitter is that it is a great place to track emerging trends. When major events or big stories occur, people tweet about it and it inevitably ends up at the top of Twitter Search as a top trend. But this only scratches the surface of tracking Twitter trends.
1. Twitter Search: The simplest way to see trends on Twitter is on their official search page.
2. Twist: For those who are visual, Twist provides a graphical interface to see trends and keywords on Twitter.
3. Monitter: Monitter is one of the best ways to track trends in real-time.
4. Hashtags.org: The popular webpage on Twitter hashtags also provides graphs on hashtag use just by hovering over the hashtag.
5. Tweetmeme: Looking for the most popular links on Twitter? Tweetmeme is the epicenter link sharing on the service.
6. Plodt: This website is a user-generated trend tracker based on tagging and ranking your tweets.
7. Twitturly: Twitturly is another way to track top-shared URLs. The interface allows users to see all of the active tweets that have shared a specific link.
8. twithority: Twithority is an easy way to have the most recent Twitter trends tweeted to you.
9. TweetingTrends: TweetingTrends is an even simpler way to keep up with Twitter Trends. Links go directly to Twitter Search.
10. PowerSearch: PowerSearch not only tweets about emerging trends, but daily and weekly trends that you may have missed out on.
11. gtrend: gtrend is short for “Google Trend.” It updates users on the most recent trends within Google Search.