A strong personal brand will distinguish you in a tough job market. Once you’ve designed your personal brand and have a personal brand name, use this handy list of suggestions to implement your standout personal branding strategy.
* Show your expertise as much as possible.
* Publicize your brand-related successes and achievements.
* Make yourself easy to contact for thoughts and questions
* Help other people in your industry such as bloggers, Twitterers, colleagues, advice seekers, etc.
* Give people a reason to talk about you in a positive way that also matches your brand.
* Follow other people in your industry and anyone else who can teach you how to spread your message.
* Keep in mind that where you interact online also conveys messages about you
* Choose an appropriate personal avatar.
* Consider using a personal logo.
* Join brand-related communities on social media
* Be helpful by sharing links and resources that you know people will enjoy.
* Register your own name as a domain name.
* Syndicate your blog in brand-related sites and networks.
* Be selective in choosing the right social media for you
* Use Twitter or other micro-blogging services to share and learn.
* Create a social bookmarking account specifically for articles related to your profession
* Launch a Facebook Page about your industry niche.
* Tie together everything in a dedicated FriendFeed profile
Personal brand-reinforcing content
* Produce your own podcasts (audio or video).
* Put out press releases when you have a newsworthy accomplishment to share.
* Write op-ed articles for mainstream media.
* Start a newsletter about your field of expertise.
* Conduct webinars about up and coming topics.
* Leave insightful comments on related blogs.
* Guest post on pertinent blogs.
* Post presentations you’ve given on topic, such as by publishing them on your LinkedIn profile and blog.
* Write an ebook.