Here are five things about social media ROI you should know:
1. Return on Investment is a financial metric.
2. Attempts to reinvent the acronym are counterproductive.
3. ROI in social media has a time dimension.
4. Linkage and correlations are important.
5. All ROI studies are custom.
We are in the very early stages in our ability to measure the ROI of social media. Not enough cycles yet. Case studies are limited but growing. The need to demonstrate a financial return on social media investment, if not here already, will be here shortly.