LinkedIn, which recently reached the 50 million user milestone, has long been considered the social networking site for professionals. If you’re in business, it is basically expected that you have a profile there.
But with the more mainstream platforms like Twitter and Facebook being used for business purposes, some professionals are neglecting their LinkedIn profiles. While LinkedIn is certainly not as dynamic as other social media sites, it still provides a lot of value — if you use it correctly. So whether you’re new to LinkedIn or a veteran, here are some of the things you should consider incorporating into your LinkedIn strategy.
1. Include a Photo Avatar
2. Build Your Network of Connections
3. Use Status Updates to Your Advantage
4. Seek Meaningful Recommendations
5. Optimize Your Profile
6. Use Groups to Expand Your Reach
7. Consider Whether to Link Your Profiles