Here are 8 tips to get more out of LinkedIn that you can start doing today. They may seem like basic tips but sometimes refreshers are good to remind us to keep up with the basics.
- Fill out your profile completely including customizing your URL with your name.
- Connect with colleagues, friends, and others in your profession and areas of expertise/practice.
- Find relevant Groups to join and begin participating in them.
- Post relevant, helpful information via status update such as industry news and important updates.
- Search Answers for questions relevant to your industry and your areas of expertise. Provide thoughtful and helpful answers to show expertise in subject matter.
- Follow companies to receive regular updates on their status.
- Search on general terms and industries to find new industry peers to connect to.
- Write recommendations for colleagues and others in your network. Also, ask for recommendations, where applicable