While web-based email went down in 2010, mobile email went up 36% in the US as we reported last week on Frogloop.
“Mobile email marketing design is smoking hot,” says Shane Ketterman of Copy Blogger and it’s a communications tool that’s continuing to grow.
Ketterman shared some tips that organizations should start using ASAP to get better results with mobile email marketing.
1. Include a plain text version of every message. “It may not be pretty like HTML but it is at least clickable on some platforms and if that causes one even one more conversion, it was worth it,” said Ketterman.
2. Keep text links uncrowded and make them standout from each other. Your members are reading on a very small screen.
3. Don’t use large images links. They can be time consuming for users to download.
4. Use a good subject line to catch people’s attention. Battle of the inboxes happens on mobile too.
5. Use the right alt tags for your images.